Whilst there is no doubting that marketing online is both cost-effective and extremely powerful, small business offline marketing still has many advantages both as a standalone strategy and when used in tandem with online strategies.
I first started marketing in 1987 so there was no Internet to exploit and therefore I had to develop my marketing skills the ‘old school’ way. Some of those offline methods, and many I’ve developed along the way, are still relevant today and can really help your small business find more customers.
Offline Marketing Doesn’t Mean Obsolete Marketing
Whatever the medium, there are still a number of fundamental marketing principles that every small business should adopt. For example, writing effective copy is just as important for a newspaper advert as it is for a website – the ultimate aim of attracting new customers is still the same.
I can help your small business develop a range of effective offline marketing strategies that will enhance any other marketing you are currently using or intend to use. My range of offline marketing strategies includes:
- Competitor Research – Understanding your competitors strengths and weaknesses is the key to tapping-into their customer base and diverting those customers your way.
- Positioning Strategies – positioning is a highly-effective strategy of creating a ‘position’ for your business within your customers mind which in turn, enables ultra-efficient marketing.
- Mission Statements – don’t think that a mission statement is just another bit of marketing nonsense used by big corporations; a mission statement provides focus for any business.
- Unique Selling Positions – a key element that most small businesses fail to adopt is a unique selling position (USP) which means they struggle to stand out from their competitors.
- Marketing Plans – it’s an old adage but if you ‘fail to plan’ then you ‘plan to fail’. I can help you develop a comprehensive marketing plan that suits your specific needs and budget.
The sheer number of marketing options available to small business does extend far beyond the services I have identified above so if there is a specific service you’re looking for, get in touch with me and I’m confident I’ll be able to provide a solution.
Time For Action
Regardless of whatever marketing strategy you want to employ for your small business, it all starts with a simple action. If your phone isn’t ringing and your list of customers is dwindling then now is the time to take action.
You can take advantage of my free consultation in which I can assess your situation and give you some invaluable advice on the best way forward. These telephone consultations only take around 30-60 minutes and there is no obligation to use any of my services; just expert advice and informed guidance. To book your consultation, simply click the button below to get started.
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out – Robert Collier